Greetings [BBA]

Here you can get in contact with the BBA. Please register first :)

Moderator: BBA_Officer

Greetings [BBA]

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Fr Dez 28, 2007 17:12:22

Good day members of [BBA], I hope your holiday season has been a good one.

I have recently started playing AstroWars and have found myself boardering what seems to be [BBA] and also [AYYA] territory in the Gamma system.

I come here to avoid being in conflict with the Alliances in the area. At this time my resources are going to be focused on the Gamma Kornephoros(GK) system. If the time comes where I am able to expand out of GK system, I will notify the [BBA] of my plans.

As a sign of diplomacy, I am willing to leave Gamma Kornephoros 1, 2 and 3 open if the [BBA] wishes to expand and take those planets. Please let me know if this will be needed.

Thank you for your time.

-Semisleeper
Semisleeper

Beitragvon Alexander » Sa Dez 29, 2007 3:12:34

Welcome semisleeper,

you are considered to be friendly.
At the moment we focus on alliance enemies only.
Please inform us, if you enter a system different tot your home system,
so we avoid crashes

Have fun
starcatcher
ST0RMTR00PER (triple zero) - all times GMT, except for Off Topic
Alexander

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Sa Dez 29, 2007 6:12:30

Thanks, I'll be sure to inform you when that time comes.
Semisleeper

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Di Jan 08, 2008 4:01:29

Update - I have sent a small fleet to the Delta Tania Borealis system. I've sent out messages to those within the system and will be attacking (need to boost exp :? ) those whom do not respond in that area.

Just keeping you guys up to speed in my actions so we don't crash.
Semisleeper

Beitragvon Alexander » Di Jan 08, 2008 12:01:02

no worries ... it seems the system is yours :wink:
Alexander

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Di Jan 08, 2008 21:01:13

I've read some of AW's forum posts and I'm having a hard time understanding some of the terms used.

NAP = Some kind of Alliance between Alliances? (Like AYYA and RIP in the past 48 hours. They have a "NAP" together which I don't understand.)

Farmer = Builds planets then lets somebody else take it over?

-99% rule = I don't have a clue so far...

From what I've read in the forums, the Outer Rim isn't as safe as past Golds.

I've been offered an alliance with AYYA, but I won't be joining. I don't really have any Strat setup, but I'm just playing for fun. I'm currently setting up "escape pods" in case I get attacked by larger players. Silly, but it might be fun.

Do I auto-lose if somebody takes for my original planet?

Escape Pod = A couple planets devoted to making Destroyers, Transports, Colony ships that will be launched to a different system as soon as a large enemy attacks.

Sorry for all the questions/comments! :P
Semisleeper

Beitragvon Alexander » Di Jan 08, 2008 23:01:51

Semisleeper hat geschrieben:I've read some of AW's forum posts and I'm having a hard time understanding some of the terms used.

1. of all: Cool you ask your questions.

NAP = Some kind of Alliance between Alliances? (Like AYYA and RIP in the past 48 hours. They have a "NAP" together which I don't understand.)

NAP = non aggression pact
easy if you know it.
Most times the start of a cooperation between alliances,
sometimes only done to stop a war, e.g. AYYA and BBA have a NAP
Farmer = Builds planets then lets somebody else take it over?
farmer = somebody with a special race to increase fast growth and science and culture and therefore having malus in fighting skills attack, defence, speed
doesn't implicit mean they give away the planets, but could be a possible strategy

-99% rule = I don't have a clue so far...

if somebody starts the countdown (e.g. single player has 500 rank points)
then you are able to conquer twice as much planets as you have culture,
but if you do so, e.g. have culture 15 and conquer 16 planets,
then your growth will increase -99% slower than before = extrem bad

From what I've read in the forums, the Outer Rim isn't as safe as past Golds.

The edition takes longer due to other rank point system
therefore strong players have more culture = more need of planets = they run to the outer rims = where you live :?

I've been offered an alliance with AYYA, but I won't be joining. I don't really have any Strat setup, but I'm just playing for fun. I'm currently setting up "escape pods" in case I get attacked by larger players. Silly, but it might be fun.
good strategy - battlestar galactica 8)
and you are more than welcome to join us next edition,
as I like the spirit to never give up :twisted:

Do I auto-lose if somebody takes for my original planet?

I am not sure, if I understand you correct.
but in case you ask, if you will be automatically thrown out of the game, if somebody else conquers your start planet the answer is: NO
I am the best example
I don't have any of the planets I had until 15th december left,
therefore I completely came to the rim (another reason it is more unsafe for players that started late

Escape Pod = A couple planets devoted to making Destroyers, Transports, Colony ships that will be launched to a different system as soon as a large enemy attacks.

Sorry for all the questions/comments! :P
:lol: )

Again ... cool that you ask

Kind regards
starcatcher
Alexander

Beitragvon ceraphim » Mi Jan 09, 2008 1:01:03

:thumleft: that´s the way we all learn !
st0rmtrO0per (zero-letter-zero)
Bild
ceraphim

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Mi Jan 09, 2008 2:01:14

Speaking of crashing! I don't know who's there, but the planet my fleet is 7 hours from is in conflict at the moment!

It's too bad through all the technology this game assumes you have, nobody ever figured out how to make brakes!

:lol:

Here's to hope'n I get some exp from the crash! :)
Semisleeper

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Mi Jan 09, 2008 3:01:24

Heh, it is no longer in conflict. But the original player is still listed, but without any starbases left. I'm foreseeing no exp for me in that system by the time I get there.

At least I'm not crashing into anybody, so I'll have a fleet! :D
Semisleeper

Beitragvon ceraphim » Mi Jan 09, 2008 18:01:23

and that´s the most important point !!!!
st0rmtrO0per (zero-letter-zero)
Bild
ceraphim

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Do Jan 10, 2008 1:01:26

Somebody is either really fast, or I'm just unlucky. Every planet I attack is cleaned out right before my ships land. I may have to attack some active non-alliance players in the area. I say this because just building planets gets a bit dull.

Any advice for a n00b? Should I hold off and build up a bit more before starting battles?

At the moment I build the plants..

10 Hydro
11 Robotic
10 Glactic
10 Research

Then I switch the planet towards fleet build up.

...I suppose it isn't too bright to state my planets setup on a public board, but it isn't like that would stop anybody from attacking or not attacking. :)
Semisleeper

Beitragvon kokon77 » Do Jan 10, 2008 10:01:04

Planets marked as free have no buildings. When you colonize new free planet send there 1 colony ship to take it + 10 to move there 150PP. You will grow faster. Due to lefois tools you have some free planets in your system. Siege each planet with 1DS - no one will land there without being noticed.

You can find other players active as you or less and try to fight with them. But first calculate it. see how much PPs you gain each day, see how big fleet/SB can you buy for it. Then calculate with:
http://www.astrowars.com/about/battlecalculator/
will you win the fight with guy you want to attack.

If you want I can send you few DS to kill. You will get PL2 and then you can buy BM1 (+10% to culture). Also I suggest to develop at least factories to 11/12lvl

I suggest 2 possibilities for you:
#2741 - talk to odichris - there are few unknown, and one SB2
#2739 - talk with ayya - there are SB 9 so lot of XP if you can kill it.

take care and have fun :)
Bild
kokon77

Beitragvon Semisleeper » Do Jan 10, 2008 18:01:42

kokon77 hat geschrieben:Planets marked as free have no buildings. When you colonize new free planet send there 1 colony ship to take it + 10 to move there 150PP. You will grow faster. Due to lefois tools you have some free planets in your system. Siege each planet with 1DS - no one will land there without being noticed.

Currently when my culture flips I send 10 colony ships per planet to get the planet off on the right foot. This is excluding the most recent planet added, because I'm usually finishing off Galactic Cybernet or Research Labs on that planet when my culture flips.

This next planet will have 15 colony ships per planet, so I think I'm doing pretty good in the area of construction. But you have an excellent point on sending those DS's out there for defense! I'll get right on that one.

If you want I can send you few DS to kill. You will get PL2 and then you can buy BM1 (+10% to culture). Also I suggest to develop at least factories to 11/12lvl

I crashed into Ratcatcher this morning, took out my 53 DS fleet (I've already replaced them) without taking a scratch. I sent him an email about the crash. I just laughed when I logged on this morn'n to see we crashed. Same person I had a close call with earlier, I just didn't know who I almost hit and where they headed off to. :P

Ratcatcher is sending a couple DS's to a free planet in my system so I can kill them off for exp. If they don't bump me up to lvl 2, I'll send you a message asking for help.

I suggest 2 possibilities for you:
#2741 - talk to odichris - there are few unknown, and one SB2
#2739 - talk with ayya - there are SB 9 so lot of XP if you can kill it.

The "unknown" planets are the ruins of wolfclan9. He was active right off the bat, so I had contacted him and told him we should work together and later have a Trade Agreement. After he replied it sounded good to him, he went inactive. :lol: And later was removed from the map. There were (but not anymore it seems) a bunch of "wolfclan#" West of my location. So maybe he was multi-playing or something.

Anyways, thanks for the advice! :)
Semisleeper

Zurück zu Welcome